The New Ford Transit Custom Launch at this year’s Commercial Vehicle Show (NEC in Birmingham) will be sure to draw in the van buying crowd. It will be shown on the Ford Motor Company stand alongside the New Transit Courier & Connect which are both due to launch in 2018.
Since it first launched in 2012 Transit Custom has been a success with van operators. The new Transit Custom’s design & engineering teams worked hard to further develop the look and driving dynamics of the new van.
The new Ford Transit Custom is a one-tonne commercial vehicle that boasts a bold new exterior & design with an all-new interior created with passenger comfort and efficiency at its core.
The exterior design is further complemented with the addition of three new colours including the visually striking Orange Glow, Chrome Blue and Diffused Silver & maintains popular colours from the current range including Moondust Silver, Frozen White, Race Red & Shadow Black.
The range maintains the Base, Trend, Limited & Sport Van series in both the L1 & L2 versions of the Van and DCIV (Crew van) – With the van available in either low (standard) or high-roof models.
All powered by one of the new Ford EcoBlue 2.0-litre diesel engines in a choice of three power ratings (105ps, 130ps & 170ps) and either a 6 speed manual or 6 speed select-shift automatic transmissions. Transit Custom has also been re-engineered to offer significant new features and capabilities including a new ECOnetic van model that delivers improved fuel efficiency and 148 g/km CO2 emissions.
With a Plug-in-Hybrid out on test in 2018 due to begin volume production in 2019 completing the new line up, see what Ford have to say below.
“The new generation Transit Custom sets the scene for Ford’s next major commercial vehicle innovation, with the introduction of the zero-emission capable Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) derivative scheduled to begin volume production in 2019.
The Transit Custom PHEV utilises an advanced hybrid system that targets a zero-emission range exceeding 50 kilometres (31 miles), and features the multi-award-winning Ford EcoBoost 1.0-litre petrol engine as a range extender. The hybrid electric van will begin trials with fleet customers in London from December this year” source: Ford Motor Company
New Custom options include a range of advanced technology and driver assistance features:
- Intelligent Speed Assist – A first for commercial vehicles
- Traffic Sign Recognition - Enables automatic adjustment of maximum vehicle speed
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Alert – A first for Ford Vans in Europe
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection - Equipped with the latest radar and camera technologies
- Lane Keeping Alert – An advanced system to help you stay in lane.
- Driver Alert -Can alert you by vibrating the steering wheel and displaying a visual warning.
- Auto High Beam - Auto High Beam temporarily dips your headlights when it detects oncoming traffic or a vehicle ahead
- Rear View Camera - The rear-view camera shows whatever’s behind you on a screen built into the centre console.
- Adaptive Cruise Control - If the built-in RADAR sensor detects a vehicle ahead, it will slow your vehicle to maintain a pre-set distance
- Side Wind Stabilisation - Helps the driver to stay in lane in strong, gusty conditions
- Trailer Sway Control - detects ‘snaking’ or trailer sway and reduces your vehicle’s speed to help solve the problem
New Custom exterior changes include:
- New front fascia, bonnet & wings
- 3 Bar Black Grille
- LED Day Time Running Lamps
- HID headlights
- New front fog lamps
- New Sport model styling & stripe kit (black/orange or black/silver) extended to rear door or lift gate
- New Custom interior changes include:
- Car like ambience & CV functionality
- New seats with new fabrics
- Increased cabin stowage
- Improved driver ergonomics
- Latest generation displays
Stoneacre Ford Transit Centres are running a 24 Hour “Experience New Custom for yourself” programme for new and existing customers. We are taking bookings now either online or by calling
Doncaster - 01302 517400
York - 01904 625371
We are taking pre-Launch orders at our Ford Transit Centres in Doncaster & York and can confirm that new Transit Custom is now available from stock - We have new custom launch events planned for mid-March & our official launch in April 2018.